Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Top Fourteen Results

Cat looks about six. And is she wearing those flower shoes again? Gah. If she’s not, she has wayyy too many pairs of over-the-top elaborate heels.

Opening number brought to us by Wade and Amanda Robson, which I should have known, but didn’t. My mom and I both guessed Tyce, which of course doesn’t make sense given that he choreographed last night. Excellent choreography from Wade and Amanda. Too bad half of America’s favorite dancers didn’t know their counts.

And on with the heartbreaking. Yes, I’m using that as a verb.

Ashleigh and Jakob are safe. Not surprising, but I kind of wanted to know what sort of solo Ashleigh was planning to do in that sockhop costume.

Karen and Kevin are in the bottom three. Good. I wonder if they’ll go home. They were certainly the worst last night, but they spent the first three weeks on the hot tamale train. And I can’t believe that is now a legitimate line of reasoning.

Ryan and Ellenore are safe, obviously. Travis never fails his dancers.

Channing and Victor are in the bottom three. Huh. Well, America isn’t very receptive to “weird” dances, so maybe that’s what failed them. I did think they were excellent last night but they haven’t been the best in the past.

Russell and Noelle are safe after their second foxtrot.

Kathryn and Legacy are safe, quite possibly the first time anyone’s ever been safe after a Paso Doble. I’m making that up, by the way, no idea if it’s true. Surely it’s the first time anyone’s ever DESERVED to be safe after a Paso Doble.

By the way, this puts Mollee and Nathan in the bottom three, which makes me two for three. Also, I clearly know America better than Nigel does. HAH.

SOLOS:

Karen: OK, I’m sorry, but what WAS that? So not even worth critiquing.

Kevin: Meh. It looked just like what he did last week. And what every hip hop dancer before him has always done.

Channing: That was a little better. Maybe I’m just not easily impressed tonight.

Victor: Wow, that boy can spin. All right, I’m impressed. Thank you, Victor. I’m actually a bit surprised it was him who restored my faith.

Mollee: Wow, her hair is such a distraction. But yeah, that was pretty good, if not completely overridden with stunts.

Nathan: Wow, I really liked that. And I’m surprised again.
So, let’s see. Based on solos, I’d get rid of Karen and Kevin. But based on everything all together…Channing and Victor. But really I have no idea.

And here we go.

Hey, Mollee’s safe. I’m so surprised. Because, you know, Nigel didn’t practically tell us that as soon as she left the stage after her solo.

Ummm…How did his talking to Channing suddenly turn into “So, you’re great and all, but here are all the reasons we like Karen better even though her technique sucks”?
Jerk. But, yeah, bye Channing. Saw that coming.

If nothing else, I rock at choosing who’s safe.

Kevin is leaving us, which is a bit of a shock, but I’m certainly not complaining.

So, next week…Karen and Victor? This could be interesting. Not sure if I’ll be blogging…depends on what my nutty family is up to and if I join them! I know, you’re devastated. Suck it up.

1 comment:

  1. NUTTY FAMILY??? is that a compliment or an insult? I can't decide...

    ReplyDelete