Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Top Sixteen Results

First results show of the season! Group number! Yay. I missed results shows.

My mom and I always watch the group numbers and try to guess who choreographed them. I really had no idea, as this was a pretty funky mix of African jazz and hip hop. Turns out the genius behind this piece was Dave Scott, which I probably could have guessed had I tried.

Also, it hadn’t occurred to me that these dancers got to glide through the first two weeks of competition without the added stress of learning a group number on top of a duet and a solo that they may or may not need to fall back on. Lucky them.

Cat looks ridiculous as usual and shouldn’t try to run in those shoes or she’ll be the next one with a knee injury.

I see Nigel is having trouble relinquishing his grip of power and trusting America.
Thank you, Adam, for correcting Nigel and Mary and reminding them that this is, after all, about what AMERICA wants. How did I survive the first five seasons without Adam here every week?

The results start off predictably, with Ryan and Ellenore being sent to the bottom three straight away for that horrid hip hop “duet.”

Channing and Victor are safe, which is extraordinarily lucky for them. (Why does Word want to change that “are” to an “is”? I IS JOURNALIST. I know what I’m doing, thanks). Kathryn and Legacy are safe as well, which, much to Cat’s dismay, did not come as a surprise to me. Cat, you SUCK at building suspense. We can all do the math and figure that you’re not going to put 2 of the first 3 couples into the bottom 3. It doesn’t make sense. Plus, they were good last night.

Ashleigh and Jakob are safe, as are Noelle and Russell (no surprise there, he’s an audience favorite). Pauline and Peter are in the bottom. Huh. Well, somebody had to be, and neither one has really been AWESOME yet, so ok. I can deal with this.

Can we stop making the whole show a metaphor about trains? It’s making my head spin. Thanks

Wow, didn’t see that coming-Mollee and Nathan being in the bottom 3. This must be what Nigel was referring to in the beginning. Again, though, America can’t get it wrong because what we’re voting for is AMERICA’S FAVORITE DANCER. Therefore, I feel justified in saying, once again, “Shut up, Nigel.”

Is it bad, though, if part of me wanted Karen and Kevin to be in the bottom 3 just to spite Mary?

Oh, good, “special guests.” Wait, what’s that? The special guests are DANCERS? Well, that’s a new one. I do love me some Alvin Ailey. I won’t bother critiquing them since, well, they’ve already proved themselves by making it onto one of America’s top dance companies.

SOLOS!

Ellenore (dancing to a song called Eleanor...yeah, I’m easily amused): I thought it was good! The choreography was original and clever, and her technique was on even without a ton of impressive tricks (which bore me to tears anyhow).

Ryan: Ah, that explains the outfit. I was wondering. Yeah, I’m not sure how I felt about that dance, even though I know how tough ballroom solos can be. And way to screw up at the end-tumbling is NOT ballroom, and almost landing on your head is not intelligent. Stick to what you know.

Pauline: Oh, it’s all the annoying tricks I was referencing! You know, I’m pretty sure I’ve done that dance before. Or maybe it’s that I’ve seen it at every dance competition I’ve ever been to (which is more than you’d think). Well-executed but dull.

Peter: I love tapping so much and this was incredible. If they send him home (especially after Ryan’s solo), I just might cry.

Karen: Another ballroom solo that I didn’t completely understand. It looked like she was trying to incorporate the African style that seems to be all the rage this week. Meh. We all know she’s staying anyway, so who cares?

Kevin: Wow, he was moving his arms so quick it was amazing. This was just the perfect example of why he is on this show.

SO, if this were based on solos, I’d send Karen and Ryan home. If it’s based on everything (as it should be), I’d send home Pauline and, unfortunately, Peter. Let’s see how this plays out…

And after a little too much lecturing from Nigel and hardly a peep from Mary and Adam, we say goodbye to Pauline and Peter. Craaaaaaap. Tappers now officially have a bad name on this show.

Ah, well. At least I do truly believe they were the two who should have gone, much as I do love them both. Well, mostly just Peter.

Next week: Top Fourteen! See you Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment